The Pebble Watch is a connected watch distributed by Pebble Technology, on the non-touch screen. Its design and implementation were made possible by a major campaign participatory finance ( “crowd funding”) through Kickstarter 2 .
In , Pebble reaches 85,000 orders by 66,434 people on Kickstarter, for a record $ 10 million fundraising 3 .
In , Pebble launches a metal model, the Peeble Steel, and a new version of its Android and iOS 4 applications .
In , Pebble has sold more than 400,000 copies of his watch 5 .
In , The company has sold 1 million connected watches and announces the upcoming launch of a new kind of software platform 6 .
On February 24, 2015, Pebble announced the future version of its watch, the Pebble Time. This one now has a color screen and sports a new interface that will display the possible actions according to the schedule. On this occasion, the company again launched participatory financing on Kickstarter . It beats once again a record, reaching its goal in only 17 minutes 7 .
The , Pebble announces the cessation of its activities. A portion of its assets, such as patents and software, is acquired by Fitbit to 40 million 8 , 9 .
- A week of autonomy, against a day for all the competition 10 .
- Waterproof 11 .
- Mini-games 11 .
- Time permanently displayed 11 .
Notes and references
- ↑ ( in ) “Pebble smart watch review – hands on ‘ [ archive ] , on expertreviews.co.uk , Expert Reviews .
- ↑ ( in ) “Pebble Watch for Iphone and Android The Most Successful Kickstarter Project Ever” [ archive ] , on forbes.com , Forbes ,.
- ↑ ( in ) Dan Graziano, ” Pebble raises record $ 10 million is KickStarter, sells 85,000 watches ” , BGR , ( Read online [ archive ] )
- ↑ ( in ) Nilay Patel, ” Pebble Steel review: business class ” , The Verge , (Read online [ archive ] )
- ↑ ( in ) Dante D’Orazio, ” Pebble HAS sold over 400,000 smartwatches ” , The Verge , ( Read online [ archive ] )
- ↑ Florian Innocente, ” 1 million Pebble sold and a new platform to come, ” Mac Generation , ( Read online [ archive ] )
- ↑ Watch connected Pebble Time: color screen and full board on Kickstarter [ archive ] , NextInpact, 2015
- ↑ Pebble, pioneer of connected watches, disappears [ archive ] , blog le Monde, December 7, 2016
- ↑ Fitbit wins Pebble watches for $ 40 million [ archive ] , Le Figaro, December 7, 2016
- ↑ http://www.01net.com/fiche-produit/fiche-technique-16028/montres-connectees-pebble-pebble/ [ archive ]