MusicBee is a free media player for reading and organizing audio files on Microsoft Windows, built using the audio library BASS (audio library).
- Audio playback: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, Opus, TAK (ru), WavPack, WMA, WAV, MIDI, MOD, UMX, XM.
CDDA support: CD-Text playback and extraction of audio CDs. Tracks can be extracted (in fast or secure mode), as individual files or as a single album with an integrated cuesheet.
- Synchronization: ability to synchronize local library content with external devices (including iOS 3.0 and earlier) and import libraries from iTunes and Windows Media Player.
- File Converter: Single / batch file conversion from / to all supported audio formats, with preserved original metadata. By processing instances of identical output files, provided that re-encoding is not required, the process has optional instructions for selective skipping in favor of performing tag synchronization only.
- Gapless Playback: Eliminates timing artifacts in transitions between consecutive audio tracks to provide a relatively uninterrupted listening experience.
- ReplayGain: Performs normalization of volume levels between individual tracks, equalizing their perceived intensity for a more transparent playlist progression.
- Library Management: Find, organize, and rename music in specific folders and files based on any combination of audio tag values such as artist, album, track number, or other metadata. MusicBee can be configured to automatically monitor and execute this task for some libraries, while allowing users to take manual control on a case-by-case basis.
- Scrobbling: ability to share current playback information from MusicBee to Last.fm.
Look and feel the personalization: the layout and appearance of the different elements of the player are open for a major change, including adjustable keyboard shortcuts.
- Integration of MiniLyrics (ru): for displaying and editing lyrics synchronized with audio files.
- Built-in sound card interfaces WASAPI and ASIO.
- Auto DJ: A user-programmable playlist generator that extends beyond the default preset capabilities and shuffle settings.
- Sleep and standby modes, for programmed output with progressive volume fade function.
- Web scraping: integrates Fanart.tv, and similar providers, to retrieve high quality images of artists and album art for the library. 
- Plug-in support: Additional features in the form of community extensions (see below).