Ice-Watch is a watch brand created in 2006 by the Belgian Jean-Pierre Lutgen. The brand wants to enter the market of entry-level watches, offering them with several colors from the pallet of the polymer industry. Ice-Watch offers a range of more than 500 references that are all equipped with the Miyota precision movement or a Seiko movement for the Ice ranges and its variations as well as a seal of 10 ATM.
The brand Ice-Watch was born in Belgium in December 2006 under the impetus of a Belgian entrepreneur, Jean-Pierre Lutgen. At the time, he runs a company active in promotional items in Bastogne (Province of Luxembourg). As a result of many trips to Asia, where he develops a network of partners.
For 2014 Ice-Watch watches are present in more than 85 countries around the world and in 7 000 stores including flagships in the world capitals 3 and rank among the best sales worldwide with 120 million euros of figure For the year 2012 4 .
The Ice-Watch watch is presented in a coinbox called Becubic. The particularity of the brand is to create watches whose majority of parts (cases and bracelets) are made of plastic and silicone. Established in Europe, the Ice-Watch brand is designed in Bastogne , Belgium , production and assembly is done in China, Shenzhen and distribution in Hong Kong .
The range comprises collections of four, eight or ten different colors and are available in two or three different sizes, ie more than 300 models. The collections are classified into seven distinct families:
- Ice-Sili collections: takes again the design and the silicone bracelet with which the brand became known.
- Ice collections: flexible and flat collections with a one piece molded silicone bracelet 5 .
- Icetime Editions: limited edition or in partnership with other brands 6 .
- Ice-Style collections 7
- Icetime Editions: collections with a steel case.
- Ice-Chrono collections: includes all Ice-Watch collections with a chronograph.
- Ice-Star collections: women’s watches in collaboration with Swarovski .
- Ice-Classic collections: watches with solid mesh bracelet.
The brand Ice-Watch has models of watches with Pantone 8 , as well as with the car manufacturer, BMW 9 . In addition to this collaboration, the brand is involved in sponsoring a DTM racing car , the Ice-Watch BMW M3 DTM which sports the colors of the Belgian brand. In 2014, it is a BMW M4 that presents the colors of the brand. After winning the title of “Rookie of the Year” in 2013 10 , Marco Wittman, the pilot of the car sponsored by Ice-Watch, won the following season the title of Champion DTM 2014 11 . The partnership is signed until 2016.
Since May 2012, just before the Olympic Games in London , the Ice-Watch brand announces its partnership with Florent Manaudou 12 , 13 , at the time relatively little known on the international scene.
Finally, the Ice-Watch brand is associated with music personalities such as David Guetta 14 , Black Eyed Peas 15 , Katy Perry 16 , and No Doubt 17 . And since May 2013, the ICE watch is noticed on the wrist of Avril Lavigne, Jason Derulo and Jennifer Lopez 18 .
In 2016, the brand became the official timekeeper for the Vendée Globe 2016-2017 , starting from the bay of Les Sables d’Olonne 19 .
Since its creation in 2006, the Ice-Watch brand has grown. In March 2014, Jean-Pierre Lutgen announced the acquisition of the Swiss Made brand of French origin Patton 20 . The ICE Group is born and brings together the two brands: Ice-Watch and Patton.
Notes and references
- ↑ La Libre Belgique , Ice-Watch groups all its companies in a holding company based in Bastogne , December 11, 2014 [ Archive ]
- ↑ a and b Challenges , After the Ice Watch watches, here are the smartphones Ice Phone , March 21, 2014 [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Bastogne” Ice-Watch has 7,000 outlets in the world ‘ ‘ , [ Archive ]
- ↑ T. Dromard, ” The battle between Ice-Watch and Swatch hardens ” on challenges.fr , Challenges , [ Archive ]
“Six years after the release of its first model the brand has totally imposed itself on the entry-level market. According to GFK, Ice-Watch entered last year in the top five of the best-selling watch brands (all segments combined) with 3.9% market share. “
- ↑ ” New at Ice Watch ” , on femmeactuelle.fr [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Ice Vintage: The Retro Watch of Ice Watch ” , on masculin.com [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Adopt the Ice-Style model of Ice-Watch for Christmas ” , on hellocoton.fr [ Archive ]
- ↑ ( en ) ” ICE-WATCH AND PANTONE IN COLORFUL COLLABORATION “, on jewellermagazine.com [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Ice-Watch and Bastogne in the circuit ” , on paperjam.lu [ Archive ]
- ↑ ( en ) « The 2013 DTM season in the BMW Motorsport Review. “ [ Archive ]
- ↑ ( en ) « DTM: Wittmann basks in title glory » [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Florent Manaudou, Ice-Watch Ambassador ” on rtl.be [ Archive ]
- ↑ « Fashion: Florent Manaudou: the beautiful kid of the basins signs a collection of watches with Ice-Watch! ” (Accessed 8 October 2014 ) [ Archive ]
- ↑ « Watches: the collection” F ** k Me I’m Famous “by Ice-Watch & David Guetta » , on jewanda-magazine.com [ Archive ]
- ↑ ( en ) ” ICE-WATCH FEATURED IN BLACK EYED PEAS MUSIC VIDEO “, at watchshop.com (accessed 8 October 2014 ) [ Archive ]
- ↑ ( en ) ” Katy Perry wears Ice Watch in new video ” , on timesofmalta.com [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Ice-Watch in the NO DOUBT clip ” , on tekiano.com [ Archive ]
- ↑ ( in ) ” Jennifer Lopez wears Ice-Watch latest video in ” on europastar.com (accessed 8 October 2014 ) [ Archive ]
- ↑ Ice-Watch joined the 8 th edition of the Vendée Globe 2016 , Paris Match , May 25, 2016 [ Archive ]
- ↑ ” Ice Watch acquires Patton luxury brand ” , on lecho.be (accessedOctober 14, 2014 ) [ Archive ]