TechnoMarine is a watch brand created in 1997 by French commercialist Franck Dubarry 2 in Saint-Tropez 3 , and now headquartered in Geneva .
The watches TechnoMarine are all waterproof to 20 ATM ( 200 m ) and have, for the most bracelets of silicone interchangeable or gel without tools 4 .
TechnoMarine has sold more than 2 million watches since 1997 and nearly 140,000 watches over the year 2011 5 . Manufacturing is subcontracted in Asia or Switzerland.
TechnoMarine launches in 1997 of the “Raft” first quartz watch with a transparent silicone bracelet 6 : the model sold over 50 000 copies in a year 7 .
TechnoMarine added two years later, in 1999, diamonds on the rotating bezel of the Raft. The TechnoDiamond model is born. It is the first chronograph to combine plastic and diamonds . Over 150,000 TechnoDiamond have passed within ten years 8 .
Watches are always inspired by the marine and urban worlds 9 , 10 .
In 2004, the brand launched the first color ceramic watches 11 .
In 2010, the “Cruise” collection, a version of the “Raft” from 1997, was developed. Cruise Original, Cruise Lipstick and Cruise Dream.
On 11 November 2011, TechnoMarine was awarded the “Best Watchmaking Campaign” award by Montres Passion in Geneva for its advertising visuals 12 . The ambassadors of the time, Tuki Brando 13 or Ivana Vancova, became pirates during a photo shoot where watches serve as an eye-catcher. This prize rewards the creativity and freshness of the campaign, but also the originality of the concept and its quality of execution 12 .
In 2012, the actress Monica Cruz and the model Andres Velencoso become in their turn brandies of the brand.
Notes and references
- ↑ Florentin Collomp, ” The Technomarine watch brand bought by two French “ [ archive ] , on lefigaro.fr , Le Figaro , (Accessed15 October 2012 )
- ↑ Frédéric Martin Bernard, ” The time of new watchmakers ” [ archive ] , Styles on lexpress.fr , L’Express , (Accessed 15 October 2012 )
- ↑ ” The TechnoMarine brand taken over by its executives – SWI swissinfo.ch “ [ archive ] (accessed 20 September 2016 )
- ↑ Aude Rambaud, ” The TechnoMarine madness ” [ archive ] , on lepoint.fr , The Point , (Accessed 15 October 2012 )
- ↑ http://www.horlogerie-genevoise.com/2011/05/nouvelle-publicite-technomarine-2011.html [ archive ]
- ↑ http://www.arcinfo.ch/pdf/impartial/IMP_2003/01-2003/20012003.pdf [ archive ]
- ↑ When jewelery impregnates the male universe [ archive ] June 21, 2007
- ↑ Diamond Cruise Chrono [ archive ] June 12, 2008
- ↑ Technomarine – Fashion: professional diver [ archive ] 2000, Éditions Jalou
- ↑ ” Watches: Deserved Tribute ” [ archive ] , Tendances , on lepoint.fr , Le Point , (Accessed 15 October 2012 )
- ↑ The art of being able to change colors when the desire takes us! [ Archive ] May 10, 2012
- ↑ a and b TECHNOMARINE – award-winning advertising campaign [ archive ] 21 November 2011
- ↑ Tuki Brando muse of Technomarine [ archive ] 12 April 2011