A skeleton watch is a mechanical or quartz watch , where the inside of the case and its moving parts are visible on the front or back of the watch.
The term skeleton comes from the fact that one sees the interior, the equivalent of the skeleton if one makes a comparison with man. This presents a minimalist aspect of the movement allowing the watch to operate.
Some manufacturers and models of skeleton watches:
- Chopard LUC XP SKELETEC
- Basse Broye
- Invicta watch
- Patek Philippe Skeleton
- Stauer 1779 and 1901 Skeleton
- Stührling (en)
- Kenneth Cole (in)
- Tissot Le Locle
- Orion Skeleton
- Tianjin Sea Gull Watch Manufacturing Group
- Tao International
- Rotary Skeleton
- Yves Camani
- HMT, Skeleton in steel & gold
- Piaget Altiplano Skeleton
- ( In ) This article is partially or entirely from the article in English entitled ” Skeleton watch ” ( see the list of authors ) .