International Exhibition of Fine Watchmaking
The International Fine Watch Exhibition (SIHH) is a worldwide private fair for watchmaking and jewelery held in Palexpo , Geneva , Switzerland .
Its first edition dates back to 1991 with five brands installed on 1 000 m 2 at the initiative of Alain-Dominique Perrin 1 . It usually takes place in January. The exhibition is open to professionals and the press on an area of 40 000 m 2 with sixteen watch houses presenting their novelties.
In 2015 held the 25 th edition 2 , which welcomed 14,500 trade visitors and journalists 3 .
With Baselworld , the SIHH is considered as a major show of luxury watches 4 , 5 .
A. Lange & Sohne , Audemars Piguet , Baume & Mercier , Cartier , Greubel Forsey , IWC , Jaeger-LeCoultre , Montblanc , Officine Panerai , Parmigiani , Piaget , Ralph Lauren , Richard Mille , Roger Dubuis , Vacheron Constantin , Van Cleef & Arpels 2 .
Notes and references
- ↑ Fabienne Reybaud, ” The true history of the International Salon of Haute Horlogerie ” [ archive ] , on lefigaro.fr , (Accessed on 23 February 2015 ) .
- ↑ a and b ( en ) ” International Fine Watchmaking Exhibition celebrates its quarter-century ” [ archive ] (accessed 16 January 2015 ) .
- ↑ Catherine Poncet, ” Interest in luxury watches has not been impacted by the Swiss franc surge ” [ archive ] , (Accessed 26 January 2015 ) .
- ↑ ( in ) Stephen Pulvirent, ” New Watch Wednesday: Three Intricate Timepieces, and a Preview of SIHH ” [ archive ] , (Accessed 16 January 2015 ) .
- ↑ ( in ) James Gurney, ” SIHH preview: our highlights ” [ archive ] , (Accessed 16 January 2015 ) .