Frédérique Constant is a factory luxury Swiss watchmaker based in Plan-les-Ouates, Geneva . The company was founded in 1988 by two enthusiasts, Aletta Bax and Peter Stas.
Aletta Bax and Peter Stas launched their first collection in 1992, consisting of six models equipped with Swiss movements and assembled by a Geneva watchmaker .
In 1994, the Maison designed its first ” Heart Beat ” watch , the aim of which was to highlight the mechanical nature of these watches thanks to a window made at the level of the balance wheel. Focused on its development, the company does not think to protect the idea of the Heart Beat. The concept is instantly successful and copies appear the following year.
In order to continue to differentiate itself from its competitors, Frédérique Constant decides to embark on technical developments around the Heart Beat, giving birth to other watches: Heart Beat Day Date, Heart Beat Retrograde and since 2004 Heart Beat Manufacture whose Movements are entirely designed and realized by Frédérique Constant. The Manufacture saw the light of day. Since then, Frédérique Constant has constantly innovated, always developing new calibres to the point of holding five patents in this field 1 . The HeartBeat Manufacture by Frédérique Constant is also voted “Watch of the Year” in the category of watches over 3,000 € by the magazine Horloges in 2005 2 .
In 2008, Frédérique Constant created a surprise in Basel by presenting his very first caliber Tourbillon Manufacture. Fully developed in-house, the movement has several unique features, including the Silicon Exhaust Wheel . The lightness of this wheel and the reduction of friction allow a much higher energy efficiency 1 .
Frédérique Constant also participates in charities . So for all the Ladies Heart Beat collections, donations are donated to associations, particularly related to the heart and children 3 . Frédérique Constant signed a $ 50,000 check in 2008 in support of the International Children’s Heart Foundation 4 , an organization that puts skills, technologies and knowledge in developing countries to diagnose and treat children With congenital heart disease.
In 2009, the Maison supports the Paint a Smile Foundation in order to finance the decoration of the Pediatric Cardiology Department in Beijing 5 . In 2010, a check for $ 50,000 was donated to the American Heart Association for its efforts to prevent heart disease and heart disease. In 2011, it was 75,000 dollars that were donated to International Children’s Heart Foundation 5 .
The brand is represented in Asia by the Taiwanese actress Shu Qi 6 . In the rest of the world, the advertising face is the Indian supermodel Nicole Faria, Miss Earth 2010 7 .
In 2011, Frédérique Constant produced more than 120,000 watches sold [ref. Necessary] in the 2,700 outlets offering the brand in more than 100 countries 8 .
In 2016, the Japanese group Citizen bought brand 9 .
The Manufacture Frédérique Constant, inaugurated in 2006 in Plan-les-Ouates, occupies a surface of 3 200 m 2 , spread over four floors. It brings together the sectors of the production of motion components, assembly of caliber, assembly of watches, without forgetting the quality control.
The digital machines are grouped in a workshop located in the basement where all the operations relating to the manufacture of the components take place. The assembly shops for the calibres and watches, as well as the quality control equipment, are gathered on the first floor of the building. Frédérique Constant thus manages all the stages of the realization of a watch, from the initial design to the final assembly.
Each Frédérique Constant watch is assembled by hand, checked and checked over a long period to ensure optimal quality both in terms of aesthetics and comfort on the wrist.
Notes and references
- ↑ a and b « The Cote des Montres: Frédérique Constant. : New Heart Beat Manufacture with Moon Phase & Date. ” [ Archive ] (accessed February 20, 2015 ) .
- ↑ http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Swiss+Watch+Company+Frederique+Constant+Wins+’Watch+of+the+Year+2005′.-a0133202476 [ archive ]
- ↑ http://www.argusdesmontres.com/Magazine/011-5989-Frederique-Constant-presente-la-Double-Heart-Beat.html [ archive ]
- ↑ http://www.worldtempus.com/fr/actualites/a-la-une/details/article/1332750131-frederique-constant-au-temps-des-bijoux/ [ archive ]
- ↑ a et b « Frédérique Constant apporte son soutien à Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque » [archive] (consulté le 20 février 2015).
- ↑ http://www.lacotedesmontres.com/actu/Shu-Qi-ambassadrice-de-Frederique-Constant-No_6935.htm [archive]
- ↑ http://www.montres-de-luxe.com/Nicole-Faria-Miss-Earth-2010-devient-ambassadrice-pour-Frederique-Constant_a5084.html [archive]
- ↑ Frédérique Constant – Au temps des bijoux [archive] 26 mars 2012.
- ↑ https://www.letemps.ch/economy/2016/05/26/citizen-rachete-frederique-constant [ archive ]